Compliance Manager for Cybersecurity and Technology Consulting Firm
Betterchips Consulting (www.betterchips.com) is a cybersecurity and technology consulting firm and managed services provider located in Columbus, Ohio specializing in technical and compliance matters for attorneys and their clients. Betterchips is searching for a Compliance Manager to assist with the day to day compliance drafting, implementing, monitoring, reporting and related operational functions. This role can be either part-time, full-time, or as a contractor on a project basis.
The ideal candidate is someone who is well-versed with technology and compliance, is organized and can communicate effectively while working remotely. Experience with general technical compliance frameworks and regulations such as NIST Cybersecurity 800-53 and 800-171, ISO 27001/27002, HIPAA/HITECH, GDPR, CCPA, NY SHIELD and NY CRR 500. Windows, Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets), Google G-Suite and Skype are required skill sets.
A typical day might include:
- Maintaining a schedule of compliance related duties (internal and external)
- Interfacing with client personnel to assist with, support and review process and procedure compliance with policy
- Working with consultants and specialists on the development and implementation of new policies and procedures for clients
- Working with consultants and specialists on the review and modification of policies and procedures for clients
- Performing risk assessments with consultants and clients
- Assisting consultants with projects concerning compliance related matters
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work with a diverse team of compliance, technical and legal professionals, supporting and servicing clients across countless industries. There is room for growth and development with the role which may lead to additional scope and responsibility. Compensation is flexible and commensurate with experience.
Betterchips is an equal opportunity employer. The decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on an individual’s performance, competence, merit, as well as the overall needs of the business. Betterchips does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, identity or genetic information.